At Ridgeway furniture, we want to ensure all of our customers are completely satisfied with our after sale service. We therefore recommend you, to go through our refund, replacement and repair policy and understand your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
We also recommend you to inspect furniture that we or the third party deliver to you or that you picked up from Ridgeway’s warehouse, to insure you are satisfied with the furniture we supplied upon delivery.
If you have any further questions on warranty claims please contact our customer service team through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07 3267 1121
About this Refund, Replacement and Repair Policy
This refund, replacement and repair policy apply to all the purchases though www.ridgewayfurniture.com.au , Ridgeway furniture wholesale department and Ridgeway furniture’s sales representative.
Refunds & Replacement:
If the furniture distributed by Ridgeway Furniture has major failures or unrepairable damage due to manufacturers fault within 7 days, after delivery, please report the defect to Ridgeway furniture’s customer service team immediately. Further information such as damage descriptions, photos, delivery dockets and date of purchase about that claim may be requested from us.
After your replacement request has been approved, Return Authorisation (RA) will be issued by Ridgeway. Please take note, all stock return to Ridgway furniture requires RA document attached to the stock. Any stock returned without RA will be rejected by Ridgeway furniture.
This timeframe may vary from product to product and may depend on the type of product you purchased and the price you paid.
If the products distributed by ridgeway furniture has failures or damage due to manufacturers fault within the warranty period (Please see the Component warranty period table below), Ridgeway furniture provides return to base repair service. Please report the defect to Ridgeway furniture’s customer service team immediately. Further information such as damage descriptions, photos, delivery dockets and purchase date about that claim may be requested from us.
After your replacement request has been approved, Return Authorisation (RA) will be issued by Ridgeway. Please take notice, all stock return to Ridgway furniture requires RA document attached to the stock. Any stock returned without RA will be rejected by Ridgeway furniture.
Goods returned for repair will be assessed and/or repaired within a reasonable time. You may be provided with an indicative repair time, which time may vary due to reasons beyond ours or the repairer’s reasonable control, such as part availability and incorrect fault description.
You may be required to pay labour, assessment and/or freight fees, such as where goods are assessed to have been damaged by misuse or accident, or where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply. We may provide you with an indicative fee, which fee may vary due to reasons beyond our control.
All return stock need to be fully covered by plastic to prevent damage through transportation, any stock returned to Ridgeway furniture without proper package will be rejected.
NB: Ridgeway Furniture service policy only direct at the original purchaser of the product. It is not transferable to subsequent purchasers of the product.
Limited warranty against defects
The benefits provided by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to a consumer under Australian consumer law.
- Warranty: If a defect in any component of a Ridgeway Furniture lounge suite set out in the table below occurs during the applicable warranty period set out opposite the relevant component in the table below as a result of defective materials or defective workmanship, this warranty applies, subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Each warranty period starts from the date on which your new lounge suite was delivered to you (as evidenced by the retailer’s invoice, sales docket or delivery docket). Please note that your products may not have all of the components set out in the table.
Component warranty period
|Foam Seat||1 years|
|Webbing and springs||1 year|
|Recliner Mechanism||2 years|
|Electric Motor||1 year|
|Sofa bed Mattress||1 year|
|Sofa bed Mechanism One Year||1 years|
|Recliner Handle/Trigger||1 year|
|General Workmanship, including stitching,||1 year|
|staple, legs and zippers||1 year|
|Dacron (Seat & Back)||1 year|
|Back cushion foam||1 year|
- The party who is giving this warranty
Ridgeway Furniture – Unit 6/50 Raubers Road Banyo, QLD 4014
- What is not covered by this warranty: This warranty does not cover or apply to any of the following:
- Normal wear and tear (including the fading of colours and tints, the creasing of fabrics and leather or the softening and deformation of foams and cushion fillings with normal use over time), stains or soiling, cuts or scratches or damage cause by impacts or accidents.
- Any damage caused by abuse, accident misuse, soiling or fair wear and tear, negligence, tampering and acts of God.
- Any consequential or indirect loss, costs or damages which you suffer or incur.
- The costs described in paragraph 7 below.
- Deliberate or negligent damage, or damage caused by failing to follow operating instructions.
- Products which have been stored incorrectly, used inappropriately, abused, misused, altered or cleaned with the wrong cleaning products or methods.
- The appearance of scars, similar marks and differing pore density and colour of leather which are natural characteristics of leather and are not considered defects.
- Products which have been placed outdoors or in a humid environment.
- Damage caused by the use of the product by a person weighing more than 130 kilograms, or by placing anything on any part of the product which weighs more than 130 kilograms.
- Damage caused by connection to the wrong voltage, power outages, electrical power surges or improper supply voltage.
- Damage caused by vermin, insects or household pets.
- Products that have been used for non-domestic purposes.
- Damage cause during the transportation of products.
- Cases where no fault or defect in the product or its components could be found by us (in which case, please refer to paragraph 8 below).
- Products or their components which have been repaired by non-qualified persons, or where non-original parts have been used in repairing products or their components.
- Products which have been modified in a manner not authorised by us in writing.
NB: Some items due to manufacturing processes, may have different levels of cushioning in seats from the same lounge. Due to recliner seats requiring different structural supports, the seats in non-reclining items may appear to have a softer cushion. This does not affect the quality or the integrity of the lounge. This is not considered a warranty issue and no replacements, repairs and/or refunds will be given for this matter.
- This warranty is not transferrable: Only the original purchaser of our product (when purchased new from a retailer) may rely on this warranty. It is not transferable to subsequent purchasers of the product.
- Conditions of warranty: To be able to rely on this warranty, you need to complete the attached warranty registration card and send it to us within 30 days of your taking delivery of your new Ridgeway Furniture product;
- Only applies to furniture that is cared for, cleaned and maintained in accordance with the care and maintenance instructions listed in paragraph 8 below and enclosed with the furniture.
- Only applies to furniture in domestic use.
- Keep your original retailer’s invoice, sales docket and (if applicable) delivery docket as proof of purchase and of the date on which you took delivery of the new product (the warranty periods start from that date).
- What you need to do to claim under this warranty: if you believe you have a claim under this warranty, please do the following as soon as practicable after you become aware of any warranted defect.
Contact the store that the item was purchased from with your original receipt of purchase.
Send them your current contact details (including a daytime telephone number) and a clear photograph of the claimed defect in your product. The store will liaise with Ridgeway Furniture for any claims.
We will not be bound to consider any claim which is not made in accordance with this paragraph 6.
Once we have made an essential assessment of your claim, we will contact the store of purchase and advise what action we will take. Please note that in order to make a proper assessment of your claim, we/company representative may need to come to your premises to inspect the product. If we need to do so, we will make the appropriate arrangements with you.
- What we will do in response to a valid claim under this warranty: If you have a valid claim under this warranty, we will, at our option, either:
- Repair the defective product or component; or
- Replace the defective product or component with the same or comparable product component.
If we decide to repair the defective product or component, we will be responsible for the costs of repairs, spare parts and labour. Any defective product or component which we decided to replace, and any defective component that is removed in that course of repairs, will become our property. If we determine that the defect in your product is not covered by this warranty, we will let you know. In that case, if you still wanted us to repair the defect, you would be responsible for the costs of the repair, including any applicable spare parts and labour. This does not limit your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Basic Care / Operating Instructions:
- Caution must be used in op0erating motion furniture.
- Always leave recliners upright and closed.
- Do not allow children to play on or operate motion furniture.
- Keep hands and feet clear of the mechanism.
- Do not drag this lounge and lift carefully.
- Ensure all furniture is a safe distance from open flames and heat sources.
- Do not place furniture in direct sunlight.
- Sofa padding will naturally soften over time.
- Keep furniture surfaces free of dust and grime with a clean damp soft cloth.
- Your additional legal rights: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.